Eat quickly and healthily without spending too much time in the kitchen. That’s what every woman who takes care of her family wants. The good news is that it is quite an achievable goal. You can do this with an air fryer without any problems. This not only saves you time, but also allows you to prepare healthy options. In the following article we will explain why Airfryer recipes with vegetables are healthy and also give you some tasty and quick ideas that you can try today!
Do you have an Airfryer in the kitchen yourself?
To answer this question, we should first explain how the Airfryer works. As the name suggests, hot air is circulated at high speed, quickly heating or cooking food. The high temperature and air circulation allow the food to be prepared faster and with much less fat. Studies have shown that when oil or fat is heated, decomposition products such as acrylamide are released, which are unhealthy and sometimes even carcinogenic.
For this reason, cooking with the Airfryer is healthier, but the dishes taste just as good. Because the products are cooked at a high temperature with circulation, the process also takes much less time.
When cooked in the Airfryer, food takes much less time and fat
Which fries are suitable for the Airfryer?
Vegetables, meat and even bread and cakes. There are only a few foods that should be cooked in the Airfryer. You can also prepare pizza purely. However, it will not have the same crispiness as the classic oven-baked pizza.
Many people prefer their Airfryer to prepare french fries. As noted above, you need up to about 80 percent less fat here, which is healthier and even tastier than purely cooked fries. One to two tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil are quite sufficient for 500 grams of potatoes. If you want to cook steak or other meat in the Airfryer, you can’t add any extra fat at all.
Potatoes turn golden brown and crispy in the Airfryer
If you want to prepare French fries in your Airfryer, it is better to use waxy or medium-firm potatoes. Peel the potatoes, place in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes to remove the starch. The final result? The perfect crispy fries. Then cut the potatoes into slices or sticks. Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees (depending on the instructions), add a tablespoon of oil and cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket vigorously once or twice. The fries are fried evenly on all sides.
French fries from the Airfryer are the perfect side dish for Airfryer recipes with vegetables
If you have frozen fries at home, you can also put them in the Airfryer without any problems. It is not mandatory, but recommended, to thaw the frozen potatoes first and use kitchen paper to soak up the usual moisture. This way you guarantee that the fries will be crispier and not as if they were cooked. Then put a pinch of sunflower oil in the Airfryer and cook the fries for about 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
@deliqato Fiery #cauliflower steak as a #side dish or #vegan or #vegetarian alternative? #cauliflower #recipe ideas #vegetables #delicious #easyrecipes #airfryer ♬ I Can Feel It v3 – Nick Sena and Danny Echevarria
How much oil does an air fryer need?
More and more people are opting for an Airfryer in the kitchen because it uses far less oil and fat. As a result, the meals and cooked foods are significantly healthier and low in calories.
How much oil you need for the Airfryer recipes with vegetables also depends on the other products. If you cook these with chicken thighs or pork, you don’t need any additional fat. Otherwise, a tablespoon of oil is quite sufficient.
You can cook beetroot in the Airfryer for 10 minutes
Our ideas for Airfryer recipes with vegetables
Here are some super tasty, healthy and easy airfryer recipes with veggies that you can make in no time.
#Brussels sprouts with garlic and rosemary
Brussels sprouts are rich in a lot of vitamins like A and C as well as minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and magnesium, which are effective against arthritis and other joint ailments. According to studies, the secondary plant substances in Brussels sprouts can significantly reduce the risk of cancer.
The recipe for 3 servings:
- 500 grams of fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
Garnish the cooked Brussels sprouts with grated Parmesan cheese
@dishingitwithamanda The secret to perfectly cooked veggies in the airfryer! #tipsandtricks #airfryertiktok #airfryertips #airfriedveggies #airfryerqueen ♬ Honeypie – JAWNY
The preparation goes like this:
- Preheat the Airfryer to 180 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic cloves with a little salt and pepper and microwave for about 30-35 seconds.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts and toss them in the olive oil.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in the Airfryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir well.
- Cook the Brussels sprouts for another 8 minutes and stir again.
- Toss the panko breadcrumbs with rosemary and the remaining oil mixture and sprinkle over the Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until the crumbs are browned and the sprouts are tender.
- Serve while still warm.
Airfryer recipes with vegetables: Brussels sprouts with spices and garlic
#Beetroot with orange gremolata and goat cheese
Beetroot is a high fiber and protein vegetable. It also contains several minerals such as iron, potassium and folate, as well as vitamins B and C.
Here is our recipe for 10 servings:
- 3 medium-sized golden beets
- 3 medium sized beets
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 small chopped garlic cloves
- a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a tablespoon of chopped fresh sage
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
Beetroot and beetroot are among the most popular Airfryer recipes with vegetables
Preparation step by step:
- Preheat the Airfryer to 200 degrees.
- Scrub the beets and trim off the top by 1 inch.
- Lay the beetroots on heavy-duty foil that is twice as thick.
- Fold the foil around the beets and seal tightly.
- Place in a single layer on a tray in the basket of the air fryer. Cook the beets for 45-55 minutes until tender. Open the foil carefully to allow the steam to escape.
- When cool, peel and halve the beets and cut into slices about 2cm wide.
- Place the slices in a bowl and add the lime juice, orange juice and salt and mix well. Sprinkle the beets with it.
- Then mix the . Parsley, sage with the garlic and orange zest and sprinkle them on top.
- Garnish with goat cheese and sunflower seeds. Serve warm or chilled.
Have you tried beetroot yet?