Cabinets are the focal point of almost every kitchen, so when they get dirty, people will notice. Everyday fingerprints, food splatters and water stains are usually the main culprits, but more stubborn stains can develop over time. Luckily, our simple kitchen cabinet cleaning tips can help you solve all kinds of problems, including grease stains and sticky cabinets! Read on to learn how to clean your kitchen cabinets so they smell fresh and look fabulous!
Dark and high-gloss kitchens are particularly prone to highlighting dust and fingerprints
We recommend a two-part closet cleaning method that includes both weekly and seasonal cleaning to save time and energy.
- Weekly: Instead of wiping down cabinets frequently, it’s best to clean kitchen fronts with a weekly stain treatment. Simply spray a multipurpose cleaner onto a microfiber cloth and wipe away fingerprints, spills and other stains. Make sure you disinfect everything well.
- Seasonal: Thoroughly clean your kitchen fronts three to four times a year using a microfiber cloth and a mild detergent.
Kitchen cabinets also have high-frequency touch points that harbor many germs
How do you clean high gloss kitchens?
A good high gloss cleaner should be mild enough not to damage the surface or maintain the shine and strong enough to easily remove grease and streaks of dirt. A simple solution of a gallon of warm water and a tablespoon of mild dish soap should clean and shine a high-gloss kitchen cabinet. For baked-on grease or sauce stains, add a cup of vinegar to the water and soap solution.
Start cleaning high gloss kitchen doors from top to bottom. Work in small areas toward the bottom of the fronts to avoid streaking. With a clean, dry microfiber cloth, buff the cabinet door to a high shine. Excess moisture should be wiped off as soon as possible to avoid damaging the case.
High-gloss fronts are usually easy to clean
#What do you have to consider?
A mistake many make is only wiping down the front of the cabinet, which gets the most wear from the high traffic in a busy kitchen. However, the interior should also be cleaned regularly so that odors and other problems do not form or remain uncontrolled.
*Do you know what the latest kitchen trends are?
Thoroughly clean all cabinets at least 2-3 times a year
#Tips for cleaning high gloss
There are a few cleaning supplies and tools to avoid and practices to avoid in order to keep kitchen cabinets looking shiny. Professionals suggest wiping the high-gloss cabinets regularly with a microfiber cloth or chamois leather.
- Avoid using steel wool, abrasive cleaners, soap pads or solvent-based cleaners which can damage the finish.
- When you contact a cleaner such as If you are unsure, such as liquid bleach, contact the cabinet manufacturer to ensure the active ingredients will not damage the exterior of the cabinet.
- Paper towels, brushes, scrapers and scouring pads should not come into contact with the outside of the high gloss kitchen fronts.
- Do not use damp or wet towels on the outside of the glossy front panel. Excessive moisture can cause discoloration or damage.
It is often sufficient to go over cupboards with a microfiber cloth and warm water
Clean matt kitchen fronts without leaving streaks
If you find that your matt lacquered kitchen cabinets have become dull from constant and long-term use, you can get a spray polish. Preferably use a non-abrasive spray polish that will not leave any negative effects on the cabinet.
Don’t just spray the product like that. Find a soft weave and wrap it around the stainless steel handles. With the handles covered, you can now spray paint your cabinet. Let it dry for a few hours and then your closet will be usable again!
Removing greasy fingerprints or smudges is difficult on matte surfaces
#What do you have to consider?
Using abrasive materials such as a scrubbing brush or stiff brush to scrub the finish of your matte cabinet can damage your cabinet as it will cause permanent scratches on the cabinet’s surface. The brush is supposed to remove the dirt, but it doesn’t make sense if the same brush is also peeling the surface of the cabinet! Please avoid using a hard brush or any type of brush.
With our tips you can clean your heavily soiled kitchen
#Tips for cleaning matt kitchen fronts
Rather use a soft cloth or soft foam to wash your closet. Also, avoid using chemicals and abrasives like detergents. Such cleaning agents tend to cause scratches and extensive damage to the surface of frosted cabinets.
Finally, be careful when cleaning your matte finish kitchen cabinets on a daily basis, as sometimes your specific kitchen cabinet may need a weekly clean.
Also, avoid using chemicals and abrasives like detergents
#Remove grease stains on matt kitchen fronts
To clean your matt kitchen fronts, you only need a little warm water, soap and a soft, wrung out microfibre cloth. For stubborn stains, you can use dish soap, white vinegar for laminate furniture, and window cleaner for melamine furniture, but preferably alcohol-free.
The matte finishes seem to absorb the stains, so removing them completely can be difficult
Remove grease stains with vinegar and baking soda
Mix a small amount of vinegar and baking soda into a smooth paste. Saturate a clean cloth with the paste and blot the stained area. Leave the paste on for a moment or two, then rub gently over the surface. Finally, rinse the surface with clean water and a dry cloth.
Vinegar and Nstron can ensure more cleanliness and good hygiene in the kitchen
Clean wooden kitchen fronts
It can be difficult to determine the best way to clean wooden kitchen cabinets as they come in many different finishes with different finishes. Some sealers can handle more mistakes than others, but it’s better to use gentle cleaners. Follow these tips to learn how to clean wooden kitchen cabinets:
- Use oil soap to both clean and make your cabinets shiny. It keeps your cabinets looking new without causing any damage.
- Always use damp, not soaked, cloths when cleaning wooden cabinets. Too much liquid saturation damages the wood.
- To polish the wood, use a dry microfiber cloth. Always wipe in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- Monitor the kitchen cabinets in high humidity areas, e.g. B. directly above the stove. These require the most maintenance as they are regularly exposed to steam and condensation. Consider adding an extra layer of sealant to these cabinets.
Use a mixture of vinegar, water, and a few drops of liquid dish soap to clean extremely dirty cabinets.
Dust and grease are a bad combination and can present a challenge when cleaning kitchen fronts. Pay attention to the material of the cabinets and follow our tips to always have beautiful and hygienically clean kitchen fronts!
To clean your kitchen towels, always consider the material from which they are made
*Also read our helpful tips for an easy-care kitchen.
Cleanliness in the kitchen is a must!
If you clean your kitchen fronts regularly, they will never be very dirty!
What to clean kitchen cabinets with?