Even the tidiest of homeowners sometimes struggle with closet organization. Closets fit everything from shirts to shoes to accessories like belts and more, which means they can get messy quickly. The New Year is the perfect time to get your home organized for a fresh start! Read on to discover some top tips on how to organize your closet. We introduce you to the latest storage and organization trends in 2023!
Organize your closet: What are the latest storage and organization trends?
- Sustainability: Getting organized while being eco-friendly isn’t necessarily new. We’ve seen a surge in storage products made from recycled or sustainable materials in 2022 and this movement will be even bigger in the new year. Many people love the eco-friendly options because they want to do something good for our planet. Instead of buying plastic that contributes to landfill, look for alternative containers made from materials like hyacinth, rattan, and jute. Baskets made from natural materials and organizers made from recycled plastic are also good solutions.
- Minimalism: Minimalism is more than just a trend – it’s a lifestyle. Adopting a “less is more” mentality can result in less clutter and more available space. Like sustainability, minimalism is not new, but it is increasingly sought after. The biggest advantage of this concept is that the overall look of wardrobes is less cluttered. After all, nobody needs too many clothes to be happy!
What is the best way to organize my closet in 2023?
How to organize a wardrobe in 2023?
#Use the wall space
If your closet has a lot of vertical space, don’t let it go to waste. Incorporate hooks, floating shelves, shoe racks, or even storage bags hanging over your closet door to add extra storage for clothes, shoes, and jewelry.
*Discover many more tips on how to save space in your closet.
#Keep the floor space clear
While it’s very common to store shoes or handbags on the floor, a messy closet floor can make your space feel cluttered or small. If you run into this problem, try finding another place to store your floor items – open shelves are great shoe organizers, for example.
How can I save space in the closet?
If you feel like your closet storage plan is looking a little haphazard or chaotic, take a look at your hangers – if you have many different types of hangers of different sizes, shapes and colors, this could be the problem. To streamline your closet and give it a more unified look, consider purchasing a full set of matching hangers that will add a deliberate, polished look to your closet.
#Make room for jewelry
Tops, bottoms, and shoes are must-have clothing items, but jewelry is another great addition that helps spruce up an outfit. If you’re an avid jewelry wearer, consider creating space in your closet where you can easily see your necklaces, bracelets, watches, rings, and other small items. Keeping them neat in this place will keep them from getting tangled and disorganized and will help you better visualize jewelry couples when choosing outfits.
How to organize a closet without drawers?
#Use storage boxes
Having a stack of unsightly boxes or shoeboxes at the back of your closet — whether you’re using them to store souvenirs or old clothes — can create a sense of clutter. Replace your boxes with more attractive storage solutions like wire drawers, wicker baskets or crates to give your closet a quick facelift. Try placing these storage bins on a top shelf.
#Bring in the light
Dim light makes a closet look untidy or unsightly. If you are redesigning your closet, you should change the lighting. Floor lamps, table lamps, or pendant lights are great ways to bring light into your closet and make it look cheery, clean, and organized.
Clean out and organize closet
7 steps to organize your closet
Sometimes it’s hard for us to decide where to start with when organizing a closet. Follow these steps to be effective and save yourself time:
- Clear everything out of your closet;
- Sort your clothes into groups;
- Decide what clothes are available for donation;
- Clean out your closet;
- Assess your storage space;
- Put your clothes back in.
Wardrobe organizing tips
After a few months of using your new and improved closet, it’s time to reevaluate it. Decide whether you need to keep your organizational methods or improve them to make them even more suited to your needs and habits. In addition to thinking about organization, it’s a good idea to declutter your closet every few months – remove clothes you don’t wear or love and set them aside for a donation.
*Learn how to effectively declutter your closet.
Organize your closet to start the new year with a smile on your face!
Open closet – 70 amazing ideas for your luxury apartment