In recent years, SodaStream has become very popular around the world. Devices like SodaStream give you the ability to make your own sparkling water and soda at home. Such a device is very convenient and, in addition, you can do your wallet a big favor. However, this is a kitchen appliance like any other and of course needs to be descaled and cleaned regularly. How to make sure your SodaStream is working properly and producing drinkable beverages. In this article we will tell you how to descale and clean SodaStream.
There is now a SodaStream device in almost every kitchen
As a general rule, you should clean your SodaStream bottles after each use to keep them clean and free of bacteria and germs. The SodaStream machine itself needs to be cleaned once a week to prevent the accumulation of dust and other debris. The SodaStream descaling and cleaning process is actually not particularly difficult. You can even use certain home remedies. In the next part we will tell you how to clean your SodaStream bottles and the machine itself.
You should clean the bottles regularly
Clean SodaStream bottles
The bottles themselves can be cleaned very easily and quickly.
- Rinse the bottle with warm water first to remove debris first.
- Then add a few drops of liquid soap to the bottle and some warm water.
- Swirl the soapy water around the inside of the bottle, then shake vigorously a few times.
- Then leave the soapy water on for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Then use a bottle brush to scrub and remove any remaining residue from inside the bottle. Be careful not to scrub too hard as scratches can create places for bacteria to hide.
- Then let your bottle dry.
You can clean the bottles very easily and quickly
Clean SodaStream bottles with home remedies to remove odors
Over time you will find that your SodaStream bottle starts to smell. This is normal and can be eliminated with home remedies. Here’s how you can remove unpleasant odors from your SodaStream bottle, with lemon juice:
- First, fill your SodaStream bottle with warm water and add the juice of one whole lemon.
- Cap the bottle and shake vigorously to mix the water and lemon juice well.
- Then leave the mixture on for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse and let dry.
- If the smell is still there, you can also try vinegar. Vinegar is naturally antibacterial and can kill most foodborne microbes.
- Add a cup of vinegar to the mixture and shake vigorously again.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times or until the odor is gone.
You can also use vinegar to get rid of bad smells
SodaStream descaling with citric acid
First, make sure you follow the directions on the citric acid package so you don’t add more than you need to. How to descale your SodaStream with citric acid:
- Put some citric acid in the SodaStream bottle and then fill it with water.
- Then put the bottle in the machine and press the button for a few seconds.
- Then leave the product in the bottle for about 15 minutes before throwing it away and rinsing the bottle with water.
You can descale SodaStream with citric acid
What to avoid when cleaning your SodaStream bottle
- dishwasher – When it comes to cleaning the SodaStream bottles, you’d better not put them in the dishwasher. Dishwashers use high pressure and heat to clean dishes. This could destroy the shape and strength of your bottle. Therefore, it is better to wash your bottle by hand.
- chemicals – The use of bleach and other non-kitchen products is very dangerous. Bleach is corrosive and can irritate your skin. Therefore, you should not use chemicals when cleaning your SodaStream bottle as they can endanger your health.
- Delay in the cleaning process – Each of us is very busy every day, so cleaning the SodaStream bottle is not the highest priority. However, leaving a bottle dirty for a long period of time can make cleaning more difficult. Small particles, microbes and mold, for example, can accumulate and get stuck inside the bottle, putting your health at risk.
The bottles are not suitable for the dishwasher
You should also not use chemicals
With this device you can prepare delicious sparkling water
Descale and clean the SodaStream